2020 Board of Directors
New Chamber Board 2020
For immediate release
April 3, 2020
Pemberton & District Chamber announces changes to its board including the election of three new board members.
Steve McCloskey of Base Technologies takes over as president & chair from Graham Turner of the Lil’wat Business Group. Turner will remain on the board as past president and & treasurer. Danielle Menzel of Whistler Real Estate, Dr. Lena Krake of Pemberton Wellness and Natalie Lagemann of Murphy Construction have been elected to the Pemberton & District Chamber board as directors.
On March 25, 2020 the Pemberton + District Chamber of Commerce held its Annual General Meeting online. As a result of the AGM voting process several positions the board have changed and we have elected three new board members. We are pleased to announce:
- McCloskey of Base Technologies will take over as president & chair from Graham Turner of the Líl̓wat Business Group. Graham will remain on the board as past president & treasurer.
- Mark Grosjean of Grainger Canada has been voted 1st vice president & will continue as secretary.
- Julie Kelly of Mountainview Storage is now 2nd vice president.
- Blair Kaplan of Blair Kaplan Communications and Jacaranda Kruckewitt of Murphy Construction remain on the board as directors.
We are also excited to welcome to the board, as directors:
- Danielle Menzel a Realtor with Whistler Real Estate. Born and raised in Pemberton, Danielle has previously been on our board and we are excited to welcome her back. She also sits in the board of the Pemberton Childcare Society and Pemberton Refugee Resettlement Group.
- Dr Lena Krake is an associate Doctor of Chiropractic at Pemberton Wellness. Lena recently moved to Pemberton and believes the best way to get to know a community is to become involved.
- Natalie Langmann is the Business Development manager for Murphy Construction, where she is passionate about working with their partners at the Lil’wat Nation and growing the company from within. Ask her what she is most proud of, and she won’t hesitate to talk about spearheading Murphy Construction’s successful apprenticeship culture and growing Red Seal Carpenters from the Lil’wat Nation.
Quotes from Meredith Kemp, Executive Director of the Pemberton & District Chamber of Commerce:
“We are thrilled to have Danielle, Lena and Natalie join the board. They will add fresh new energy to the organization as we transition to our new governance model and continue to focus on supporting and advocating for our members through the COVID-19 health crisis.”
“Congratulations to Steve for taking on the role of president and chair and thank you to Graham for his dedication to the position over the past three years. Graham’s heart, vision and ability to get things done have played a huge role in moving the organization forward. We are pleased Graham will remain an active member of our board and I thank all our returning board members for their dedication and continued contribution to our organization. “
For more information, please contact:
Email: Email Meredith
“Our Mission is to be the voice for an integrated and prosperous business community that fosters economic development and advocates on behalf of its members.”
Visit the www.pembertonchamber.com/ for news, events and to apply for membership