- CURRENT POPULATION
- STRONGER TOGETHER: THE POWER OF THREE
- 10 YEARS OF STEADY GROWTH
- A YOUNG & DYNAMIC DEMOGRAPHIC
- REGIONAL FUN FACTS
- This region dispenses 72,000 dog poop bags a year.
- This region has one of the most active library using populations in the province.
- This region ships out enough seed potatoes each spring to keep all of Canada in spuds.
- This region has the most active female mountain bike riding population in the Sea to Sky.
- This region is home to the Laoyam Eagles Dragonboat Team, the winningest crew in BC for 20 years.
- This region is home to the Xetolcaw Community School, the second First Nations band-run school in Canada.
- This region is home to the first Slow Food Cycle.
- This region is home to one of the longest-running and most popular rodeos in the West, the Lillooet Lake Rodeo.
- This region had the largest volcanic eruption in Canada in the last 10,000 years, when Mt Meager blew 2400 years ago.
- HIGHER EDUCATION
21% of the local population has a Bachelors, Masters or earned doctorate.
Housing & Affordability
- HOUSING SUPPLY
- HOUSING BY AREA
- MEDIAN HOME PRICE
- CONSTRUCTION VALUE
- Building Permits
Business & Employment
- MEDIAN INCOME
- AT HOME WORKERS
- EMPLOYMENT BY INDUSTRY
Farming & Forestry
Science and Tech
Tourism (Food and Accomm)
- LOCAL BUSINESS
Non Profit :9%
Food & Beverage:8%
Health & Wellness:4%
Development & real estate:8%
- COMMUTER TOWN
- A PLACE TO GET HITCHED
Tourism Report 2015
Destination weddings generate $5.1 million in direct spending annually, 4% of Pemberton Valley’s total GDP.
Colour & Character
This is a real-time webcam image of the single stoplight in Pemberton BC courtesy of DriveBC.
- BABY BOOM: ANNUAL BIRTH RATE
Due to high birth rate in region, Pemberton has a large number of early child support services.
- STUDENT POPULATION
In all indicators, Pemberton kindergarten kids are doing better than the provincial average in their emotional, cognitive and physical dev.
- WILD CRITTERS
Pemberton Bird Count
501 other species share this habitat, 60% of which are plants and insects.
- BEE POPULATION
Almost 80 colonies of honey-bees are tended by more than 20 bee-keepers, pollinating and generating 1400 pounds of local honey.
- FEASTING IN THE STREETS
The annual production of community harvested crabapple jelly is 3300 jars from 2900 lbs of fruit.
- BIKE OBSESSED
There are more bikes per capita than any other vehicle.
- HOME GROWN FOOD LOVE
40% of Pemberton’s farmers are women (12% higher than the national average)
- LIBRARY LOVERS
The Pemb. Library has the highest circulation per capita amongst small communities in BC and ranks high for avid library use.