Hiring New Executive Director
A Unique Opportunity
We are a membership-based, non-profit organization, that supports and encourages a thriving business community. We are hiring a part-time Executive Director.
- The Executive Director reports to the Pemberton & District Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and is tasked with managing daily operations and helping the Chamber of Commerce focus on supporting its members, nurturing economic vitality in the area, advocacy, policy development, and revenue-generating opportunities.
- As the leader of the Pemberton & District Chamber of Commerce, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for overseeing strategic planning and execution of the associated work plan. The Executive Director works in collaboration with community leaders provides non-partisan representation of the Chamber membership and the business community.
- As the organization’s leader the ED oversees the management of Chamber staff, volunteers and contractors, directs the day-to-day operation of the Chamber, Visitor Information Centre (leading Visitor Information Centre Manager and Staff) including:
Marketing, Member Communications, Human Resources, Financials, Project and Special Event Management
- The ED also prepares for and attends all Board meetings and assumes full responsibility for the implementation of chamber policies and regulations.
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, communications, marketing, economic development, public policy or related field
- Demonstrated organizational, entrepreneurial, leadership and management ability
- Demonstrated issues management experience
- Experience in economic development
- Experience in staff management
- Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Pemberton area an asset
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle required
Areas of Authority:
- The Executive Director holds the key leadership position in the organization. Under the authority of the Board of Directors (the Board), the Executive Director assumes complete responsibility for carrying out assigned policies and accomplishing strategic goals. The Executive Director has the authority to direct the implementation of the organization’s programs and services and is responsible for managing all staff and volunteers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Directs the achievement of the Board’s strategic goals and vision
- Directs the day-to-day operation of the Chamber
- Oversees the operation of the Pemberton and District Visitor Centre and associated services
- Implements policy
- Hires, delegates, supervises, evaluates and releases staff
- Attends all Board meetings and is an ex-officio member of all committees
- Acts as a consultant to the Board and its committees
Remuneration & Contract Details:
- Hourly Rate: Position will be paid $30-$35/hour for 20 hours/week depending on experience
- Work Expectations: The Executive Director will be expected to work from home using their own laptop, cell phone, car
- Qualified applicants should submit resumes and cover letters c/o Mark Grosjean at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: February 4, 2022, at 4:30 PM
- Interviews: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.