Hiring New Director
The Pemberton & District Chamber of Commerce seeking a paid Executive Director
PDCC Executive Director:
The Executive Director reports to the PDCC Board of Directors and is tasked with managing daily operations and helping the Chamber of Commerce focus on supporting its members, nurturing economic vitality in the area, advocacy, policy development, and revenue generating opportunities.
As the leader of the Pemberton & District Chamber of Commerce the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for overseeing strategic planning and execution of the associated work plan. The Executive Director works in collaboration with community leaders provides non-partisan representation of the Chamber membership and the business community.
As the organizations’ leader the ED oversees the management of Chamber staff, volunteers and contractors, directs the day-to-day operation of the Chamber, Visitor/Business Information Centers including: Marketing, Public Relations, Human Resources, Financials, Project and Special Event Management.
The ED also prepares for and attends all Board meetings and assumes full responsibility for chamber policies and regulations.
Job Posting (Advertisement) – Executive Director, PDCC
- Position: Executive Director of the Pemberton and District Chamber of Commerce
- Reporting to: Pemberton + District Board of Directors
- Schedule: Temporary Part-time (20 hours per week – one year fixed term contract)
- Salary: $25 – $30 per hour
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Location: Pemberton area, work from home
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, communications, marketing, economic development, public policy or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ work within Chamber or equivalent environment at a senior level
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with a Board of Directors in a senior capacity
- Demonstrated organizational, entrepreneurial, leadership and management ability
- Demonstrated issues management experience
- Experience in economic development
- Experience in staff management
- Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Pemberton area an asset
- Drivers license and access to a vehicle required
Areas of Authority:
The Executive Director holds the key leadership position in the organization. Under the authority of the Board of Directors (the Board), the Executive Director assumes complete responsibility for carrying out assigned policies and accomplishing strategic goals. The Executive Director has the authority to direct the implementation of the organization’s programs and services, and is responsible for managing all staff and volunteers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Directs the achievement of the Board’s strategic goals and vision
- Directs the day-to-day operation of the Chamber
- Oversees the operation of the Pemberton and District Visitor Centre and associated services
- Implements policy
- Hires, delegates, supervises, evaluates and releases staff
- Attends all Board meetings and is an ex-officio member of all committees
- Acts as a consultant to the Board and its committees
Remuneration & Contract Details
- Term: The annual Executive Director position is a 12-month fixed contract.
- Hourly Rate: Position will be paid $25-$30/hour for 20 hours/week depending on experience, with the possibility of renewal annually.
- Work Expectations: The Executive Director will be expected to work from home using their own laptop, cell phone, car.
- Applying: Qualified applicants should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, c/o Mark Grosjean.
- Closing Date: February 7, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
- Interviews: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: This position has been filled.