From the Garden Shed – Farm Hand
- A Farm Hand works in the lavender field, herb garden and greenhouse during the growing season (June30 – September 1) to care for the variety of lavender and other plants used to create FTGS products. Tasks include planting, watering, weeding, pruning, harvesting, drying, cleaning and storing the dried lavender and other botanicals.
- Maintaining a clean a safe workplace.
- You love the outdoors and working in all kinds of weather.
— You have a passion for plants & gardening, and a little dirt under the nails is a badge of honour.
— You are punctual and arrive to work with a bright & cheerful mindset, eager to take on any task at hand.
You believe in high standards, being mindful of others, and care committed to raising the bar through your attention to detail.
— You communicate respectfully and ask questions to clarify and ensure that the job gets done as planned.
— You enjoy working independently as well with others as part of a team.
– Able to work 30 – 40 hours/week. Start times will vary to meet the demands of the farm activities.
– Comfortable lifting 30 lbs and kneeling, bending and squatting for long periods.
– Blackout periods for holidays during July & August.
Job Title: Farm Hand / General Labour
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Agriculture
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $17.50 hr
Duty Hours: 9AM - 5PM