Whistler Personnel Solutions – Lead Hand, Operations & Warehouse
Whistler Personnel Solutions & Spark Rentals has a Lead Hand, Operations & Warehouse position. A great role for someone looking for a long-term career with plenty of learning and growth. Offering $30+ per hour to start plus performance based bonuses and the potential to bank hours for extra time off during the slow season (Winter). Housing assistance available for the right candidate.
About the Role, Benefits & Perks:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week, blend of weekday and weekend shifts is required.
- Wage starting at $30+ per hour depending on experience.
- Opportunity to bank hours over Summer during the high season for extra time off during slow seasons in the Winter.
- Incremental Health Spending Account also available for the right candidate.
- Performance Based Bonus plan paid seasonally – opportunity for extra income above regular wage!
- Health Care plan available after 3 months.
- Located in Pemberton BC, serving the Sea to Sky Region.
- We are a company that listens to their employees, and we are always investing in better tools and systems to support their success.
- Housing assistance available for the right candidate. The Perfect Candidate:
- 1 to 2+ years of leadership experience within a similar industry is preferred but open to training the right candidate.
- Motivated to be successful; learns new skills quickly and is always looking to improve processes and procedures.
- Organizational and people management skills are essential.
- Great at building relationships with employees: a hands-on leader providing supportive management, guidance, and training.
- Experience with inventory management; tracking & purchasing systems is an asset.
- Valid BC Driver’s License with clean driving abstract required.
- Experience operating a truck and trailer, and a forklift is an asset but not required.
- Dynamic role combining a blend of field work, warehouse and general business operations.
- Lead and train event logistics team members and lead the crew to load, manage and successfully and safely deliver and pick-up orders while updating our inventory management system.
- Liaise with the President and the Warehouse Manager to help organize the warehouse while optimizing storage space and accessibility, prepare and load orders for projects, and deliver & set up projects/tents.
- Drive trucks and crew plus deliver orders and lead tent setups where required.
- Provide effective leadership to warehouse team: supporting and encouraging, provide mentorship and training for success, implementing change.
- Create daily/weekly task lists, delegate duties, ensure efficiency, problem solving for all warehouse crew.
- Review and update/optimize warehouse/delivery policies and procedures.
- Complete damage reports as necessary and notify the sales team of any charges to be billed to clients.
Job Title: Lead Hand, Operations & Warehouse
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Management
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $30 hr + depending on experience
Duty Hours: Full Time