Pemberton Water Services
- The Village water system services the entire municipality (except for the
- Industrial Park, which is serviced by the Mount Currie water system).
- The Village also services the Pemberton North Improvement District.
- The water service is provided by 3 wells constructed in 1992, 1997, and 2009.
- All wells draw from the Pemberton Creek Aquifer and are located downtown.
The Village has deferred a full cost recovery methodology rate but will continue to explore it as a methodology to determine a rate structure that will better support a transition to water metering.
Mount Currie Water Services
Mt. Currie is serviced by their own aquifer which also supplies water to surrounding Area C residents.
Area C, Birken, Devine & D’Arcy
Depending upon location, residents pull water from wells or surface water sheds.
Wastewater Treatment Plant
- The Village treatment plant was commissioned in 2005.
- Capacity = 5000 persons
- Specifically constructed to permit expansion through modular construction of segments adding capacity for a further 5000 persons.
- State-of-the-art technology.
- Sequential Batch Reactor (SBR) system.
- Microbial decomposition of raw materials.
- Aerobic digesters to further decompose sludge.
- Ultraviolet disinfection of treated water.
- Daily lab sampling with process adjustment.
Solid Waste Management
- Pemberton and area have access to local recycling centre located in the industrial park and Devine
- Private and commercial garbage collection services are available in some sectors (Pemberton and Mt. Currie)
- BC Hydro
- Local Hydro Power Systems
- Shaw Cable
High-speed internet available in Pemberton and Mt. Currie through to Birken however some residential areas in Area C are not currently serviced.
Please check with local telecommunications companies for more information.
Photo Credit: Field & Forest